Offshore Europe: when the energy came back to the North Sea
Offshore Europe might be over for another two years but the key issues that were raised will be considered and debated for months to come. This year’s exhibition and conference generated some high quality conversations and there was an evident change in sentiment since the last show, from ‘doom and gloom’ to ‘clear confidence’, reflected in exhibitors’ appraisals of quality leads secured from the show floor. There was a tangible energy about OE2017. The spark was very much back.
Andrew Bradshaw, our go-to man when it comes to commentary on and insight into the oil and gas industry, was this year’s eyes and ears at the show.
He fronts our OE2017 Editors Eye video series – an enthusiastic round up of daily show commentary alongside unique interviews with some of the industry’s heavyweights on some of the biggest headlines of the week.
See what he has to say on a return to optimism, the focus on the customer, digitalisation– one of the buzzwords from the show-and embracing the future through the export market.
Whats in the series:
- A return to optimism in the North Sea with Oil & Gas UK’s upstream policy director Mike Tholen
- The North Sea’s survival in a lower oil price environment with Rebecca Buchan, new business editor of the Press & Journal
- How we will achieve the decommissioning prize with OGA chief executive Andy Samuel
- The need to export with David Rennie, sector head for oil & gas, Scottish Enterprise
- A round up of the major talking points of Offshore Europe 2017 with Andrew Bradshaw, Head of Energy Insight, Fifth Ring
Before you leave you can make sure you see all of our content from Energy events by subscribing to our blog updates: